Progress (7-05-2014)

It's been a month since my last update. With the mid-semester week and all the midSem exams/assignments I haven't been able to work on my thesis.
 Today I got back to work. I managed to solve the memory issue I had by increasing the virtual memory of my PC to 8GB; for some reason it was set at 512MB.
With that change, the memory issue I had ( the product of [55000X9] * [9X55000]) is solved. Now it runs out of heap memory when calculating the eigenvalues of the resultant matrix. 
I'm going to try to save to a file the 55000X55000 matrix. That way I can obtain the eigenvalues in a new process (or a different, faster one) and go "around" the memory problem. 


Post a Comment