Progress (2-06-2014)

This past two weeks I’ve been trying different image sizes to solve the eigenvalues problem. I found out that with a 62X96 image it takes around 2-3 hours to run the program. I've decided to leave it this size for now, but I still have to check the implications on accuracy that this image reduction carries.
I have also implemented a way to save to a .csv the eigenvectors and eigenvalues. This solves two purposes. First, once I’ve calculated the values for the first time don’t have to re-calculate them to debug and streamline the code (unless I change the image database). Second, when this code is moved to the android platform, the .csv with the values can be imported, so the phone wont be hang up in a 3-hour long calculation, assuming it has the sufficient processing power to actually calculate these values.

0 comments:

Post a Comment